- ADVISYS, inc., a gene therapy company founded November, 1997
- VGX Pharmaceuticals Inc. is founded by Dr. J. Joseph Kim and Professor David B. Weiner.
- Offices open, Woodlands, TX
- Lab and plant in full operation, Woodlands, TX
- First clinical FDA trial batch
- Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO)
- VGX Pharmaceuticals acquired ADViSYS, a Texas-based private biotechnology company focused on the development and delivery of DNA-based therapies, and transformed it into its Immune Therapeutics Division.
- VGX Pharmaceuticals established VGX Animal Health, Inc., as a subsidiary focused on the development of pharmaceutical products for animal health applications.
- Acquired by VGX International 2008 – all manufacturing activities aligned into VGXI, Inc.
- VGXI begins offering GMP contract plasmid manufacturing.
- VGXI completes expansion of its GMP manufacturing facility in The Woodlands Texas.
- VGXI offers HD Plasmid Manufacturing for cGMP viral vector production.